Welcome! You are about to begin the Screenings submission process for the 76th Annual University Film and Video Association Conference, which will be held at SUNY Fredonia from July 26-29, 2022.
The process involves entering information here AND at FilmFreeway. You will receive a link and submission waiver code for FilmFreeway once you submit the form below.
- Each filmmaker will have up to 35 minutes to screen and discuss their film at the conference. (For films longer than 20 minutes, we recommend showing a scene or trailer during the panel to allow for 10-15 minutes of discussion.)
- If you request a formal respondent for your film, you are also agreeing to serve as a respondent for another film being screened in your conference session.
- All filmmakers are responsible for viewing the film to which they are responding prior to the conference itself.
- All respondents are expected to submit a written response for the film they are reviewing on their institutional letterhead.
- The only films that will be adjudicated for conference awards are those entered in the competition category. They must be completed works at the time of submission.
You must be a current UFVA member to submit work and present it at the conference.
All members may submit a total of two items, which must be in different content areas. The six content areas for UFVA 2022 are listed below. (Serving as a respondent does not count as a submission.)
- Papers & Panels (includes individual papers and pre-constituted panels)
- New Media
Please note that the conference is July 26-29, 2022 at SUNY Fredonia in; your submission(s) may be programmed at any time during that period. We cannot accommodate requests for scheduling on specific date(s). Once the schedule is released, we won’t be able to make changes, so please be prepared to present your work on any of the four full days of the conference.
You will be notified of your film’s status by the end of May.
UFVA embraces diversity of backgrounds, identities, and experiences as foundational to the future of our discipline, and encourages submission of a wide range of work that interrogates and celebrates the creative and interdisciplinary potential of film, video, and media arts. Additional information can be found in the UFVA Statement of Inclusivity.
Submission Deadline: March 15, 2022