Welcome! You are about to begin the Scripts submission process for the 76th Annual University Film and Video Association Conference, which will be held at SUNY Fredonia from July 26-29, 2022.
The process involves entering information here AND at FilmFreeway. You will receive a link and submission waiver code for FilmFreeway once you submit the form below.
Scripts are presented at the conference with a table read involving a maximum of 20 pages, followed by a 10-15 minute discussion that is typically led by an assigned respondent.
- If you would like a formal respondent for your script, you must agree to be a respondent for one or more scripts being presented at the conference.
- All screenwriters are responsible for reading the script(s) to which they are responding prior to the conference itself.
- All respondents are expected to submit a written response for the script they are reviewing on their institutional letterhead.
- The only scripts that will be adjudicated for conference awards are those entered in the competition category. They must be completed at the time of submission.
You must be a current UFVA member to submit work and present it at the conference.
All members may submit a total of two items, which must be in different content areas. The six content areas for UFVA 2022 are listed below. (Serving as a respondent does not count as a submission.)
- Papers & Panels (includes individual papers and pre-constituted panels)
- New Media
Please note that the conference is July 26-29, 2022 at SUNY Fredonia in; your submission(s) may be programmed at any time during that period. We cannot accommodate requests for scheduling on specific date(s). Once the schedule is released, we won’t be able to make changes, so please be prepared to present your work on any of the four full days of the conference.
This is a juried process. You will be notified of your script’s status by the end of May.
UFVA embraces diversity of backgrounds, identities, and experiences as foundational to the future of our discipline, and encourages submission of a wide range of work that interrogates and celebrates the creative and interdisciplinary potential of film, video, and media arts. Additional information can be found in the UFVA Statement of Inclusivity.
Submission Deadline: March 15, 2022