UFVA Graduate Student Fellowship
The University Film and Video Association Graduate Student Fellowship provides financial support for students attending the annual UFVA conference. The fellowship also provides professional development opportunities for current graduate students working in the areas of media, film, and production studies.
Active participation in the UFVA annual conference provides professional networking opportunities that further career development and build your knowledge base.
Meet the 2020 Graduate Fellows
- UFVA seeks to support applicants from all cinematic arts and media related disciplines. Practitioners and scholars are considered equally.
- Applicants must be a graduate student at the time of application.
- (Optional) Conference Presentation materials must be submitted by 5/15/2021.
- Fellowship Applications must be submitted by 5/21/2021 (see instructions for submission below).
- Applicants will be notified of their status by 6/1/2021.
- Accepted fellows must accept or decline their award by 6/11/2021.
Award “Pay Out” and Cancellation Policy
Pay Out Policy
- The UFVA Student Fellowship “award” covers the conference cost, registration, dorm-room lodging and picnic / banquet tickets.
- The “award” will be paid directly to the conference host from UFVA.
- The awarded students will not receive any funds directly.
- The Awarded Students are expected to attend the upcoming conference.
- Cancellations after the 6/11/2021 confirmation date are highly discouraged.
- A written explanation endorsed by the UFVA Student Fellow’s faculty recommender will be expected if “extenuating circumstances” arise after the 6/11/2021 confirmation date and the awarded student is unable to attend the conference.
- Fill out the application form below. Pay particular attention to both required statements. 75 Word Statement: Write a short statement explaining why you would like to attend THIS year’s UFVA conference. 500 Word Statement: Explain your professional goals & aspirations. In what ways might UFVA help you advance your career?
- Please have your faculty recommender fill out the submission form by 5/21/2021.
Faculty recommender link: Recommendation Submission Form
Direct any and all questions to the Fellowship Director, Joe Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org