Screening, Script, Multi-Camera/Live Stream Submission deadline: May 15, 2021
All films (completed or works in progress) will be submitted via FilmFreeway with a password-protected submission code that is available to members only. The code can be found on the conference submission site.
For membership please click on this link – UFVA membership
What kinds of work may be submitted?
The filmmaker/director/producer or other co-creator must designate one of the following categories for their submission. The categories are used for organizational purposes.
- Narrative (live-action or animated)
- Documentary (live-action or animated)
- Experimental (live-action or animated)
- Multi-Camera/Live stream: Faculty-guided projects; theatrical, scripted and special events. Please select 20 min for consideration.
Who can submit?
Members may submit completed projects for competition ($25 fee) or non-competition (no fee). Projects for competition must be submitted by the director or producer of the film who must be a current UFVA member.
Student members can submit for non-competitive entry for no additional fee to be selected and screened at the conference.
How do I enter?
All projects must be submitted via FilmFreeway by the conference submission deadline.
- Film screenings will be organized in a 90-minute session.
- Each filmmaker will have up to 20 minutes to screen their film, leaving at least 10 minutes for discussion. (For films longer than 20 minutes, we recommend screening a scene or trailer during the panel to allow for 10 minutes of discussion.)
- Everyone screening a film must agree to be a respondent for another film in their session.
- All filmmakers are responsible for viewing the film to which they are responding prior to the conference itself.
- All respondents are expected to submit a written response for the film they are reviewing on their institutional letterhead.
- In the spirit of collegiality, filmmakers who do not provide written responses will be prohibited from submitting to the UFVA conference the following year.
- The only films that will be adjudicated for conference awards are those entered in the competition category.
- All creators seeking a respondent (feature or short) must be made available in its entirety via a secure, non-downloadable link no later than 2 weeks before the conference on the website.
ALL submissions for Screenings/Scripts must go through FilmFreeway.
Submission Waiver Code: ufvasubmit
UFVA encourages diversity and the submission of multicultural and interdisciplinary work.
Diversity dimensions include (but are not limited to) gender, career stage, ethnicity, race, education, sexual orientation, region/geographic location, physical disability, and religion. Additional information can be found in the UFVA Statement of Inclusivity.
Scripts Chair: John Goshorn