Before the Event
We recommend getting your computer set up before the start of the conference.
1. Install Zoom Client for Meetings available at zoom.us/download
2. Use the link e-mailed to you by UFVA to sign in to your account on the virtual conference site.
3. Be sure to set a password so you can sign in again later.
4. Complete your profile and upload a photo.
5. On the menu at the top of the page, select Schedule and My Agenda to find your session and visit its page:
6. On your session page click Manage to add files for attendees and create polls if necessary.
Approximately 20 Minutes Before your Session Starts
Speakers and Moderators should get ready to start the session.
1. On the top of the page, select Schedule and My Agenda, find your session and go to its page.
2. Click the Manage button in the upper right.
3. Click Join Live Meeting to enter the Zoom meeting for the speakers.
This will launch the Zoom meeting application and enter you into a pre-presentation area. During this time you will be able to see and hear other presenters, and they will be able to see and hear you. However, the “attendees” will not be able to see or hear you, nor will they be able to see anything you screenshare until one minute before the scheduled start time, when attendees will be allowed in.
4. The meeting will start automatically at the scheduled time and the attendees will be admitted to the Zoom meeting.
5. In Zoom the Moderator should click Record to record the meeting to the cloud. Recording will stop automatically at the end of the meeting.
6. NOTE: The Chat button is not available in Zoom during virtual conference sessions.
7. The Chat tab on the right side of the session page is available for Speakers and Attendees.
8. Use keyboard shortcuts to switch between Zoom and the session page in your web browser:
- Mac – Command/Tab
- PC – Alt/Tab
9. To see chat and Zoom at the same time:
- Resize your Zoom and browser windows to be next each other on screen at the same time.
- Use a different device as a second screen to check the chat and polls.